Saturday, September 17, 2016

Taco Casserole

Photo credit
This is a recipe that my mom made for us when I was in high school. I remember when she returned to work after being home for many years, she bought a few casserole and crockpot cookbooks. The recipe came from this cookbook:
Photo credit
My family enjoys this recipe so I thought I'd share it with you. 

Taco Casserole

You'll need 

these

ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground beef {or turkey}
  •  1 - 8 oz. can tomato sauce
  •  2 tbs. taco sauce
  •  2-4 tsp. chili powder
  •  1 tsp. garlic salt
  •  2 cups tortilla chips {we use doritos, too}
  •  1 cup sour cream
  •  1/2 cup sliced onions
  • 1 tomato chopped
  •   1 cup shredded cheese
  • 1 - 15 oz. can kidney beans {we prefer black beans}

The 

directions:

1. Cook and drain beef.

2.  Stir in beans, tomato sauce, taco sauce, chili powder and garlic salt. Heat to boiling.

3.  Crumble/ crush up chips and place in an un-greased 2 qt. casserole baking dish.

4.  Top with the beef mixture.

5. Spread with sour cream

6. Sprinkle with onions, chopped tomato and the shredded cheese.

7.  Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment